A Wedding Story

~ Alles über Kathrin & Andy, das Leben in der schönsten Stadt Deutschlands und unsere Hochzeit am 25./26.5.2007~

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

finally...

a longer update!:)
I got cut off the last time!
Well, I´ve been here with my family for almost one week now and it´s very nice as always. I had to get up early to go to the hair dresser this morning - I really like the lady wh0´s doing my hair and now I have slightly shorter hair as she took the tips off and great new highlights which I love!:) Mom even pitched in 20 Euros for my new haircut! After that we went to a very nice store here downtown which carries NOA NOA clothes that are just amazing! Well, due to the weight loss results and further plans I decided not to buy anything until I fit into a smaller size which is hopefully very soon!:)

The days with Regine here in the south were just great! We went to the "Thermalbad" just across the border of Switzerland and enjoyed the great water and atmosphere. We also took my 12 year old brother with me who loved being taken out by us ladies!:) After that my Mom made "Wurstsalat", a typical dish here in South Germany and Regine also liked it. (I personally could just die for it!:))
On Saturday there was just snowing all day! We had planned to go skiing but we couldn´t do it because there was just too much snow and everything was closed. We probably wouldn´t have made it up to the Black Forest anyway. Instead we decided on a trip to Basel, Switzerland. The train just takes 34 minutes from here. We stopped at a very famous photo machine in a shopping center which takes great black and white photos and we used to go there whenever we went shopping to Basel with everyone in my crowd. We walked through Basel and eventually stopped in a nice coffee shop as my shoes had started to get soaked and we were very uncomfortable. My stepfather had sponsored the trip so we decided to visit a very well- known art gallery called "Fondation Beyeler" in Basel-Riehen. The show modern art and we both really loved the art and the gift shop, of course. We got home okay by train - my Mom tried to get home from Freiburg one hour later where she had been with my brother to get furniture at IKEA - and the train got stuck around 7 pm right after Basel - she had to wait for hours to get on a bus and eventually arrived home after midnight. Nightmare! Everyone in W. agrees we have not had that much snow ever. It started to snow again today but changed into rain soonafter.
I hope it´ll get better as Mom and I want to visit a very old friend of hers in Villingen on Friday.
As we had suspected Regines flight on Sunday got cancelled and she had to take the train home which luckily went well and got her to Berlin in 7 hours as planned.
I attended church in the evening for a special service and met an old babysitter-Mom and some neighbors there.
Monday I found myself on the way to Switzerland again, this time to see Heike and her husband in Winterthur for the day. We had brunch, watched their wedding movie and headed to town in the afternoon to get a glimpse of swiss carnival (which is later than in Germany). I had a great day! It was nice seeing Heike as she won´t be able to come to my birthday party.
Tuesday I went swimming which was very nice and I was proud of myself - I plan to do it again tomorrow.....

So, you see,everything is going well here. Miss my sweetheart dearly, of course.
Love and comments welcome as always,
Kathrin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home