A Wedding Story

~ Alles über Kathrin & Andy, das Leben in der schönsten Stadt Deutschlands und unsere Hochzeit am 25./26.5.2007~

Sunday, January 23, 2005

FRIENDS-addict (27 days to go!)

I´m sorry I haven´t been here to update this any earlier...Let me think about what´s new...
Well, my visit to America is drawing near..Pat and Dan got back from their vacation and now I can start figuring out about when I´ll be with them in Mt. Laurel and which days I´ll be with Merlina in Lancaster. I also went to an STA travel-agent to get an international student ID as I found out their are so many discounts in NY when you have that card. Additionally I got a small new book on NY which has all the sights and museums in it that I want to see. I emailed with Sophie who´s an AuPair in North Jersey and she wants to do museum hopping with me. I talked to Andy and we´ll now defintely drive to his parents on Thursday, February 17th and stay there for 2 days until Andy takes me to Frankfurt airport on the 19th. Two things are bothering me: 1. no money, 2. nothing done for school. Oh well, I guess this is nothing new. I´ll have to reconfirm my flight and get dollars from the bank, get presents for the kids and everyone, do some shopping for me, talk to my insurance company about coverage for America etc. We´ll see how this is all going.

Monday I just went to school to do research on my papers, copy stuff etc. It took forever, as always.
Tuesday I went to work in the morning and then to school for two classes. After that I met with Lisa. We have been friends for about a year and a half and then things kind of fell apart. We weren´t in touch for a long time but both felt things hadn´t really been solved between us. We talked some time and after picking up a book at the library I went home.
Wednesday I went to school and when I got home after that, the FRIENDS - 8th season- DVD-collection had arrived from amazon. Needless to say what I did that afternoon..:) I just loooove Friends! Friday I went to this bid department store KaDeWe here in Berlin to get the 7th season. I now know season 7 through 10. Andy says I´ll go crazy when I´m actually going to buy and watch the rest 6 seasons, but of course I will!:):) They are ust so expensive that it´ll have to wait some more time. I have watched all the episodes once or twice and I can easily watch them again before buying entirely new ones!:) I´ll have to start asking my friends about wether I´ve become a pain in the butt by always saying: " You know, on FRIENDS Monica said....."
After spending my afternoon with Jennifer Aniston I went to Petra´s. Lisett wasn´t there, so Petra had a two-person talk about so many things. It was very moving and an enriching evening. We were talking about being a light for others, about marriage and about attacks that keep you away from what you know is right. I stayed there until 10 and didn´t get home till eleven.
Thursday was school and our weekly gathering at the italian place.
Friday I went to work and discovered there´s a DM in Berlin now. For those of you who don´t know what that is: It´s a chain like CVS in America but the best drug store ever! They didn´t have any stores in Berlin so far but now they do and I´m thrilled!:) They´re really cheap and sell good stuff.
Yesterday Andy and I slept in and I basically stayed in bed until it was time to shower and take the car to Regine´s. We ate chocolate cake and watched a wonderful movie. Andy was at a birthday party so I slet alone last night and went to his house this morning.
We opened a joint account because we want to start saving money for things to come. An account with money we´ll be needing in the future. I have been talking about that for a long time, finally we did it! It´s a free accoount with internet banking and very good conditions. We´ll both give a certain amount of money to it each month to build up some money over the time. You never know!:)
Later we ´ll got to the movies or watch "indiana Jones" on TV. I´ve never seen it and Andy says that means I´ll have to tonight.
Next week I have to go through the application process for an additional programm I want to do at university starting next semester. It´s "German as a second language". I´m certainly hoping I´ll get accepted.
Also I have to give a presentation on Thursday and go to work two days.I´ll be busy!:)

I hope everyone is okay. Special greetings to the birthday people of the month:
Jenny, Sandra, Dan, Sabine and Karoline!:) Best wishes to all of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home