A Wedding Story

~ Alles über Kathrin & Andy, das Leben in der schönsten Stadt Deutschlands und unsere Hochzeit am 25./26.5.2007~

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Pfingsten...

I had a nice weekend even though A. was not here - he left for Münster on Friday morning to see his cousin and his girlfriend there.
I went to work early on Friday and finally to Elixia again afterwards. I still felt good on the treadmill but was dying at night...I just felt so exhausted!
I called Regine who´s working close by so we had a 20 minute lunch together before she had to go back to work and I went to the post office to finally send the package to an AuPair in America who must have been waiting for her Addict-Shirt forever by now. Sorry again, Malou!
And Melli - it was 8 Euros for the thing by airmail - ridiculously overpriced, just a small shirt!
I headed to the supermarket and was able to get broccoli at last..:) yum! I also got yummy cherries which were just so delicious! I never know wether I´m more excited about the actual food or the fact that I for once enjoy healthy food now and don´t feel like I preferred having lunch at Mc D. Big victory over myself, I guess!:)
I just dropped the food here, packed up stuff for my AuPair Interview and off I was again downtown. As always when I forgot some papers or when I´m feeling tired - I have 3 girls to talk to. I was a nice interview with a lovely chat with one of the girls afterwards.
I stayed at Dussmanns to get some birthday cards and also bought the new book be Benjamin Lebert: "Du kannst". I already read a little over 50 pages and it´s great! He got famous for publishing a bestseller at the age of 16 - I didn´t like that book at that time, but enjoyed his second one. Now I´m guessing the guy ist just getting better as I´m looking forward to finish the 3rd I just purchased. I also got "Rear Window", that great Alfred Hitchock movie. We´d been talking about it in my "Didaktik" - class by analysing some scenes and I really wanted to watch the whole movie again!:)
When I finally got home around 7.30 pm I just broke down on the couch....I watched some friends and managed to clean up the kitchen - the whole place here was a mess.
I left early on Saturday to get rolls from a nearby bakery and take the sub to Maddi´s which is about 1 hour from the north of Berlin where I live. Regine picked me up at Krumme Lanke and gave me a ride for the rest of the way.
Breakfast with her and Maddi+Hanna and the baby was really nice, we had a lot of fun changing diapers, rocking Jonathan and watching Hannas first steps!:)
We stayed until 3 - I got scheduled to babysit twice in the next couple of weeks which is great!:)
I went home and started to clean up finally -bathroom, bed room, living room, ironed the stuff I washed earlier until 7 when Julia came over....Had a great night! We ate Spaghetti with meatsauce and watched th Hitchkock-Movie (julia loved him). I had trouble staying awake halfway through the movie but it was still very nice!
I had planned to got to church / work out today but ended up doing neither but sleeping in until ten, finishing up the bed room and vaccuming after. Now that I´ve accomplished all my tasks as a good housewife, Andy can come home, which he will soon, hopefully!:)
I also watched Mr & Mrs. Smith which I liked, other than predicted by Regine who assumed I´d find it dull and stupid!:)
I´m glad tomorrow is another holiday - I have to work on my presentationin medieval history (Neidhart and Walther von der Vogelweide). Sometimes I wonder if its weird that I actually enjoy some of that stuff...:)
It´s certainly not the most useful knowledge I´ve built up through my studies, but what can you do? I´m just not interested in physics or anything like that at all!
Plus I probably shouldn´t be worrying about that now that I´m almost done with it!
Maddi said yesterday how she couldn´t wait for me and A. to have kids and stuff....:) Well, neither can I...Not much else matters compared to children...I´ve always known that for myself, sometimes I tend to forget it and get all choked up by unnecessary worries.
Andy got paid finally (for his April work that is), so we have one less thing to worry about - well, the May-bill, but that´s not due right now.
I`ll go to Elixia with Ines tomorrow and meet Regine and Jule for cocktails after...always so nice to see the girls.
Regine might be going to Kansas for ine year starting in August. As much as I´m happy for her: I´m also dreading it a little bit. I´m just going to miss her so much here in my daily life. I´ll manage somehow. And there´s many means of communications...:)
Before I start complaining about the weather (SUCKS!!!) I´ll better hit the shower now.
Hugs to you guys,
Love, Kathrin

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Süße, falls das mit Kansas klappen sollte, werde ich Dich auch sehr vermissen. Mir wird jetzt schon ganz schlecht, wenn ich daran denke, so weit von Dir und den Mädels weg zu sein. Aber wir packen das!! Ganz bestimmt! Hab Dich lieb, Regine

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home