A Wedding Story

~ Alles über Kathrin & Andy, das Leben in der schönsten Stadt Deutschlands und unsere Hochzeit am 25./26.5.2007~

Saturday, June 10, 2006

WM - what else?

I´m about to leave for the AuPair Workshop which will start at 1 pm. Krissi and Anja are both on their way over here and I´m looking forward to seeing the gils. Always brings back this amzing America-feeling..:)
I got up early today and made 36 muffins for all the girls at the workshop. Beverages are provided there, Heike (colleague) will bring some additional cookies, so I guess we are good to go!:)
I packed the video, seminar papers, scissors, tape and everything and I´m getting excited. I´m so curious to find out wether girls have already been placed with a nice family in the US...that´s always the best part!:)

Yesterday was good. Andy dropped me off at Greifswalder Str. to pick up the key for today, I went to Alexanderplatz ater to get a Sandwich and then to Elixia....arrived at Petra´s at 2 and took care of Pelaiah fpr about 3 hours. Then we just talked until 10 when Andy picked me up...:)

Small question: What kind of pictures does the world get of Germany when every single stereotype about our country - mostly connected to stupid Bavaria - was reinforced yesterday prior to the opening game???????
People with weird hats and strange clothes, hello?
I hate it.
People who can´t even spell soccer are now painting their faces and decorating their cars with flags. Oh well.
I guess it´s like with the MOMA...suddenly everybody was so interested in art. Gosh!

Talked to my parents yesterday- they invited all us kids plus boy- and girlfriends to France this summer! We´ll have a rented apartment there and I´m really happy about it! :)

Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home